Built to Last.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Harvey Norman Explosive Expo Sale


It thought me several things.

- know your customer and what he actually wants. does he really want a macbook? or is he being another nuisance? is he going to buy a macbook, knowing that the price will never drop?

- push. keep on pushing. strike when the iron is hot. make him feel like he is losing something precious. don't let him think about it first and make a round. because if he leaves, there goes your sales.

- learn how to look in the customer's face. see if he is really interested in getting a new laptop. don't waste time on those who keep asking questions and walks away.

- never commit what you can't give. cos in the end, it's you who will suffer.

- social networking is essential. talk to those around you. colleagues, promoters from other brands, even the damn security guard who checks your bag everyday to see if you take anything away.

Overall, I feel that the sale is so-so. Sales were bad... But the environment was quite good. Auctions everywhere. 5 JVC dvd players were sold at $4.40 each. ALCOM telephones was sold at $1. (the metro expo sale next door were selling them for $13.90). $1 headsets, $1 laptop skin.. but seriously.. the sales were all below retail prices. except for mac. and sony.

The upcoming computer fair in september.. really must push. WE CAN DO IT!

Oh ya, on a side note, I was once late for work. My grandmother tried to wake me up 3 times but she said that I didn't respond. The alarm clock rang for 20 minutes but I was still asleep. Why?



Fuck actually I wanted to write a whole paragraph on what happened. But..

I dreamt of her that night. Again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home